Wednesday, July 2, 2014

My Husband: My Hero




    I seem to always talk about my experiences, my feelings and everything about me. I get so consumed by what's happening and not happening with my life that sometimes I tend to forget my significant other, the one who's been silently struggling as we deal with our infertility journey.

     I think everybody will agree that without the patience and understanding of our dear Darling Husband, we cannot go through this, even with our close family at our side.

     We've been married since 2002 and been trying since day 1. You can just imagine how painful it has been for both of us, especially when we've been hoping and praying to have a child since we got married. My husband always has a soft spot in his heart for little children.
This is actually one of the reasons why I fell in love with my guy. In my mind's eye, he would be the perfect father to our kids, if only he'd be given the chance.

     
     Beyond his love for basketball, cars, PC games, action flicks and good food, he's warmth and sincerity in all things he does and say, make him stand out above the rest. This personality of my DH gets him a lot of friends wherever he goes.

     Sure there are times when we get into squabbles and petty disagreements, which I admit are due to my oversensitivity. But we're not perfect. Every day I try to be a better version of the past me. However, oftentimes I think too much of myself and fail to see that he also has feelings and other concerns, which he usually prefers to keep to himself.

     I guess one common trait that most men have is their ability to keep cool. I often admire my husband's optimism that even if I'm at my lowest point or when disaster happens and nothing seems to work out...he can still manage to stay focused and remain positive. Someone who always reminds me to keep on hoping and never give up. Countless times, he has saved me from all these situations. Now I truly realize the true meaning of "for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do us part".
                                                                              
     I may not say this often but to me, after all we've been through, he'll always be my best friend and shoulder to cry on, my Superman! My one & only forever Love... my Hero.

     How do you feel about your husband? Do we share the same sentiments? Would love to hear from you. 


Photo credit: S_Xurble; Falcon_33 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?