Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Art of Planner Decoration



     I've always been fascinated with arts especially if it involves lively colors and the opportunity to bring out one's creativity. Back in my school days, I used to excel in the Arts subject, and got to participate in different forms of arts, be it drawing or performing. I was lucky to still get the chance to do those kind of activities during my job in Robinsons Recreation Corp. But sadly, my succeeding jobs after that turned out to be monotonous, even boring most of the times.

     About a month ago, I got gifts from my cousin in the US, Ate Jeejay, that includes a cute planner from Barnes & Noble, together with cute stationeries, stickers and washi tapes. We were just talking about stationeries a few weeks back and about how fun it was during our childhood years when we collect these stuff and exchange or swap them just for fun. Little did I know that this kind of items & activities still exist even in this high-tech, gadget-dominated age.

     Out of curiosity and thanks to Pinterest & Instagram, I found different ways of how people organize and decorate their planners, where and how to use washi tapes, and other creative stuff that can be done if only one has the passion and inspiration to do so. Just looking at those photos seemed heaven to me! And because of that, and a little push from Ate Jeejay, I've decided to bring back the creative side of me and rediscover my love for Arts.

Stationeries, stickers, washi tapes & pens I got from Ate Jeejay
Here are some of the initial pages I've made for my cutie planner from Barnes & Noble. I'll try Filofax or Kate Spade next time, which are more famous for planner decoration fanatics
      
     I know this is just the beginning of my interest in planner organization but I feel that this will continue for a long time because in just a few days that I’ve done this, somehow it has added color and adventure to my dull & monotonous days. Now I can see the big difference between listing tasks on Ipad or Smartphone, compared to manually writing a list, schedules and notes on pages of paper especially if you can adorn it the way you like it afterwards. Besides crossing out each task you've completed, making your list a work of art as well is the sweetest fulfillment any creative mind would have. I'm officially a #PlannerAddict!

      This is one of the hobbies or activities besides the ones I mentioned in my previous post on How to forget your infertility struggles. Simple, fun and you can use your creativity and imagination. Just collecting different stationeries, washi tapes and cute sticky notes can be a hobby in itself.

     Have you tried planner decoration? If you haven’t yet, together let’s explore and join the bandwagon! Show me your decorated planner pages and I’ll show you mine. If you have suggestions or questions just let me know by posting them on comments below. Happy decorating!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?